2404 IH 35 S.,
Austin TX 78704
Insurance for Business Consultants
Got Insurance Requirements? - Do you have the insurance coverage that your consultant contract requires? We are your Business Insurance specialists. Let us review your contract insurance requirements and guide you to the insurance coverage you need to get the job.
Why we're different from the other online business insurance sites:
- Quotes Quick - We do our best to expedite your quote.
- Service After the Sale - Local friendly service for over 30 years.
- Knowledgeable Help - We help you understand your insurance choices.
- Broad Range - We offer a wide range of business insurance programs.
- Walk-in Service Available - Visit us at our South Austin office - Map, Directions and Contact Information
Ready to Start a Business Insurance Quote?Business Insurance Quote Request
Typical Insurance Requirements for Consultants:
General Liability - Public or General Liability is nearly a universal consulting job requirement. Typically, the company you are working for will require that they be listed as an "Additional Insured" on your General Liability contract. Some contracts may also require Excess or Umbrella Liability coverage or very high levels of Liability coverage. Liability requirements can be very complex and specific.
Professional Liability - Also called Professional Errors & Omissions, is typically an implied risk in the contract language even if not specifically listed in your contract insurance requirements. Giving wrong advice or failing to give the right advice is a primary lawsuit risk for any Professional Consultant.
Commercial Auto Insurance - Some job contracts require that your work vehicles be insured on a Commercial Insurance policy with high liability limits. While sometimes this requirement will be waived, if your work includes driving beyond public roads and onto the worksite, expect to need it. Often, additional requirements include "Hired Autos" and "Non-owned Autos." See Business Vehicle Insurance for more information or to get a quote.
Worker's Compensation - Some job contracts require that you carry a Worker's Compensation contract with Employer's Liability. A single professional working as a Consultant can get Worker's Compensation but you may be able to get this requirement waived.
Special Insurance Issues for Consultants:
- High Liability Requirements - We have seen very high Liability requirements (in excess of $1 million) that can only be handled with an additional "Umbrella" or "Excess" Liability Insurance contract.
- Professional Liability - Often, you will be hired to provide professional advice. If you give the wrong advice or fail to give adequate advice, guess who they are going to sue?
- Contract Issues - We are seeing very complex and intense insurance requirements from Consultant Job contracts. Don't sign a job agreement without having the insurance requirements reviewed and priced. We can help!